Kentucky Career Center - Bluegrass Scholarship
The Bluegrass Workforce Investment Board operates the Workforce Investment Act Program within the One Stop Career Centers within the Bluegrass Areas 17 counties in order to help customers become reemployed in high demand career fields and to assist those with limited skills in obtaining skills needed by area employers. If you do not have marketable skills, you may be eligible for a Kentucky Career Center - Bluegrass Scholarship to help pay for training in a high demand career.
Thank you for your interest in the Kentucky Career Center - Bluegrass Scholarship. Below are the steps to apply. Steps - Please read before submitting your application:
1. Complete the scholarship application and return it along with your resume to your local Kentucky Career Center - Bluegrass. All questions must be answered.
2. Upon returning the application you will need to pick up an orientation packet at the Career Center or print the packet below.
3. You must register in Focus Career at https://focuscareer.ky.gov.
4. A Workforce Specialist from your local Kentucky Career Center - Bluegrass will call you to schedule an appointment once he/she receives the completed application.
5. When you attend the appointment you will need to bring the following items: 1. the completed orientation packet; 2. your Driver's License, 3. Social Security Card, 4. If you are a male born after 12/31/1959 you must also have proof of your Selective Service Registration which you can obtain at www.sss.gov.
If you have any questions please contact your local Kentucky Career Center - Bluegrass.
Please visit your local Kentucky Career Center - Bluegrass for a copy of the application.
Click on the image below to download a copy of the Kentucky Career Center - Bluegrass Scholarship application. Please complete the form and return it to your local Kentucky Career Center - Bluegrass location. Visit a location near you for assistance in completing the form.