The Office for Vocational Rehabilitation exists to help Kentuckians with disabilities achieve suitable employment and independence. Whatever your disability, they can assist you on an individual basis to assist you in reaching your goals. It all starts with a one-on-one meeting with you to determine whether you are eligible for our services.
And if you’re an employer, we assist you in hiring, developing and keeping valued employees.
Among the variety of services we offer:
- Assessment for determining eligibility and vocational rehabilitation needs
- Counseling and guidance
- Vocational and other training services
- Supported employment
- Personal assistance services
- Transition services (from school to employment)
- Support services (such as transportation interpreter and note-taking services)
- Rehabilitation technology – vehicle modifications, workplace accessibility modifications, telecommunications, sensory, and other technological aids and devices
- Job placement and job retention services
- Services for employers
Our Division of Program Services is responsible for providing direct services to consumers, excluding those provided at the Carl D. Perkins Vocational Training Center in Thelma, Ky. The division consists of 15 field branches with 52 offices around the state, where 140 vocational rehabilitation counselors take applications, determine agencies, assist eligible consumers design Individual Plans for Employment to reach their vocational goals, and implement those plans.To schedule an appointment, call us at (800) 372-7172 (V/TTY) and you’ll be directed to the office nearest you.